If you’ve ever been in range of a free WiFi connection and not being able to connect to it, you will understand what am talking about. It is remarkably annoying to be in scope of a WiFi and not having the capacity to associate. Today am willing to educate you folks on the best way to settle that on this article.
Despite the fact that WiFi availability issue is peculiar to Android cell phones while iOS are remarkable. Be that as it may, we’ve accumulated some conceivable answers to settle any wiFi availability issue on Android.
There’s no point going troubleshooting if a simple reboot fixes the issue, so try these first even if you don’t think it will fix anything.
1. Reboot your router and try reconnecting to Wi-Fi from your phone.
2. Reboot your phone and try reconnecting to Wi-Fi.
3. Verify Wi-Fi by connecting with another device.
1. Select Wi-Fi from the Quick Settings drop down on the home page.
2. Select Forget and then reconnect.
Try manually setting the frequency.
1. Access the Wi-Fi menu from Settings then select the three dots in the top right.
2. Select Advanced, then Wi-Fi frequency band. It should be set to Automatic.
3. Manually select the frequency used by your router.
4. Try to reconnect to Wi-Fi.
If none of those steps work, our step of last resort is to reset all connection from the phone. This will also reset your cell connection and Bluetooth settings so use at your own risk.
1. Navigate to Settings then Backup and reset.
2. Select Network settings reset and then Reset settings.
3. Once the reset is complete, attempt to reconnect to WiFi.