So i was going about my normal routine of researching when i stumbled upon a group chat where people were asking about how to root Samsung galaxy S9 and S9+. If you are asking this question, this is the right place for you.
In this Android Tutorial, i will be telling you How to Root Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ with Magisk v16.1. The Android developers’ community started working towards porting TWRP to Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ as soon as the Galaxy S9 Kernel Source Code was being made available for download. And a famous XDA Developer Tkkg1994 build a TWRP Custom Recovery for Galaxy S9 and S9+.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Root Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+
- Follow our guide on how to Install TWRP on your Galaxy S9/S9+.
- Once you have successfully installed TWRP, download Magisk v16.1 and copy it to your phone.
- Now Boot Galaxy S9/S9+ into Recovery Mode.
- Once your phone is in TWRP recovery, tap Install >> Install Zip >> Locate and select Magisk 16.1.zip >> and Flash it.
That’s it! Reboot your device. Your Galaxy S9/S9+ is rooted now. Now simply go to Google Play Store and install Magisk Manager from there.
Note: This guide is only for the Galaxy S9 G960F/FD/N and S9 Plus G965F/FD/N Exynos variants.
I hope this helps, don’t forget to share this article with friends.